Friday, January 14, 2011

Blinking Water, Black Sun



The rest of that roll from back in December, my favourite set of doubles for a while, and a new fascination found.













































As I was taking one of these photographs - long exposures of between thirty seconds and a minute - I realised what is probably a given to most people but made me laugh in the cold: wherever you're standing, if light is reflecting off of something it will always appear to be pointing towards you.









































At the Pavillion before the gig, while Vicky was writing things and before I went for a wander:


















































What I saw when I woke up























From Black Sun on 6-12-10 at the Pavillion - beneath the murky Galway waters here lurk Cork's Sacred Harp Shape Note Singers; Francis Heery and Usurper: